Last Revised: September 30, 2020
We process your personal information with your consent, as needed to provide you Services or as otherwise set forth herein. We may also use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, operate our business, protect the vital interests of you, our customers, or the public, or for other legitimate interests of Skimmer as further described below. More
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as they need it to fulfill orders or Services, including, but not limited to processing credit cards, hosting our website, shipping products to you, advertising, or for other requests you make of Skimmer. We may also share your information to comply with law or for other legitimate interests. More
You can access, get copies of, delete, change or correct your personal information, or request changes to our use of your personal information by using the contact information below. More
Information We Collect from You
In general, we receive and collect all information you provide via the Services, including through website input fields (including advertisements), phone, email (including email campaigns), web chat, when you place an order, register with us, enter a contest, subscribe to the Service, request to receive a catalog or brochure, participate in a promotion, or in other such ways. This includes personal information that can identify or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and last name, telephone number, and IP, postal, and email addresses. You have the choice on what information to share and the services you want to engage. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to access certain functionality of the Services, such as those mentioned above or for tracking your preferences, subscribing to a newsletter, or initiating other such actions.
We also may periodically obtain information about you from affiliated entities, partners and other independent third-party sources and will add it to our database of information. For example, we may receive information about your interaction with advertisements on third party websites, including updated postal addresses and demographic information.
If you send text messages with another user of the Services or one of your customers using the telephone number for that user or customer available on or through the Services, we may use a third-party service provider to track these text messages. We track these text messages for fraud prevention, to ensure appropriate charging of fees, to enforce the Terms of Service, and for quality and training purposes. As part of this process, Skimmer and its service provider will receive in real time and store data about your text message, including the date and time of the text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
How We Use Your Information
More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Optimize and improve the Services - We continually try to improve the Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you, including by optimizing the content on the Services.
- Personalize the user experience - We may use your information to measure engagement with the Services, and to understand how you and our other users interact with and use the Services and other resources we provide.
- Improve customer service - Your information helps us to more effectively develop the Services and respond to your support needs.
- Process transactions - We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests; confirming and tracking orders, subscriptions or registrations; process credit cards, and ship products to you. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services, fulfill orders, and related activities.
- To send periodic emails, telephone or text messages - The email address you provide through our contact or registration forms will be used to send information and updates pertaining to the Services. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries or other requests. If you opt in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that include Skimmer news, updates, related product offerings and service information, and marketing material. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via the contact information below. With your consent, we may contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested. With your consent, we may contact you by telephone or text message regarding Service features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you
How We Share Your Information
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents, and third party vendors as needed to fulfill Services. Please note that our partners may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate any use of the Services, fulfill orders, or respond to a request you submit.
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from and/or use the Services. As noted above, we may use third party billing services and HAVE NO CONTROL over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that your credit card number is kept STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL by using only third party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card number.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, interests, or safety of our company or the Services, our customers, or others; or in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, we will attempt to notify you when your personal information will be shared with third parties.
Personal Information You Post in Public Areas. When you post a message in a Skimmer chat room, review, or customer feedback, the information you post may be accessible to other users of the Services and the public. If you post personal information anywhere on the Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or for other purposes. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that Skimmer is not responsible in any way for personal information you choose to post in these public areas.
Aggregated Information. We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose personal information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including Skimmer partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such information may help Skimmer identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of the Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
Skimmer takes technological and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. For example:
- we transmit data over secured communication channels using SSL Login credentials,
- all personal information is stored by trusted third party providers (e.g. Microsoft Azure),
- all systems used to provide the Services are password protected, and
- all Services usage is restricted on a per-user basis on the principle of least privilege.
We rely on Microsoft’s security programs to protect personal information while stored in their respective controlled facilities. For more information on Microsoft’s security practices and processes, please see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/security/.
Skimmer complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification requirements.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Additional Privacy Information
Data Transfer. Our databases are currently located in the United States. Skimmer makes no claim that its Services are appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information from your location to the United States, and in any other country where Skimmer or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and access to the Services. By sending us your information, you further consent to its storage within the United States.
Collection of Data from Children. The Services are not directed to children, and you may not use the Services or provide any personal information to Skimmer if you are under the age of 13 or if you are not old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us at the addresses below.
How to Contact Us. You can call us at (800) 221-2054, use the web form, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on where you are located, you may also have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.